St. Peter Celestine RC Church is located in the village of Pakenham, Ontario and is one of the most architecturally interesting and impressive churches in rural Canada. Built in 1892, the exterior takes inspiration from the 17th century stone churches of southern France (and rural Quebec). The church is widely known among connoisseurs of heritage architecture for its fine building and but in particular for its superb original interior décor, which survives intact from over a century ago.
Professionally restored in 1992, this is one of the 3 most beautiful churches in the Archdiocese of Ottawa-Cornwall and is one of only 3 Canadian churches known to retain Classic Italianate decoration in trompe l’oeil and faux marbré technique. A striking feature of the nave is the original pulpit, built in the form of a huge chalice, heavily ornamented
Confirmation on August 25th, 1913
Archbishop Charles Hugh Gauthier, Father P. Corkery, & Father Thomas O’Neill