Collection Counter Ministry
- Our parish is a "Sacrificial Giving" community where every member is encouraged to share his/her Time, Talent, and Treasure. Collection Counters share their time and talent by keeping up to date financial information for the parish.
- Money counters must have a police check and sign a confidentiality form prior to performing the job.
Activities / Responsibilities:
- Open envelopes, ensure that amounts checked correlate with amounts given. Count all monies, tally amounts and balance, fill out the report provided and the deposit slips.
- Be an active participant in parish worship.
- Duties require approximately one-half hour after mass on Saturday/Sunday (and other days/special masses as may be required).
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- General math and money handling skills are helpful. Dependability and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a parishioner for the last five (5) years at St. Peter Celestine Parish.
Personal Traits and Qualities:
- Desires to serve the community and to commit time and talents to this ministry.
- Is honest, trustworthy and enthusiastic.
- Is able to communicate well with others.
- Has the ability to be part of a team.
Orientation and Training:
- Provided by the Financial Administrator/Parish Council/Responsible Ministry or a designated parishioner.
Support, Supervision, and Evaluation:
- The Financial Administrator/Pastor and/or Pastoral Team is the first level of support, supervision and evaluation.
Benefits and Working Conditions:
- The opportunity to work with a small group of parishioners, sharing time and talent, while counting the treasure.